Water damage was reported on the second floor of the Robert Gordon School. According to School Superintendent Patrick Spagnoletti, over the holiday break the school had three (3) new radiators installed in three (3) classrooms. In installing new equipment on the 100-year-old plumbing, the contractor was hesitant to over-tighten the connections, for fear of snapping the old pipe. As a result, steam leaked out of the joints and set off an alarm, to which the Roselle Park Fire Department (RPFD) responded.
“There was no permanent and/or structural damage. Some paper items had to be replaced as well as coat hooks, which developed some rust,” the superintendent stated, “The connections were re-tightened and all is now well.”