Resumes are currently being accepted by the Roselle Park Police Department (RPPD) for the position of full-time police dispatcher as well as a per diem police dispatcher. The following are the criteria required by applicants:
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, day shifts, and evening shifts;
- Must be able to multi-task while using radios, telephones, and computer systems.
The following are preferred, but not required:
- An active, current NECI/APCO certification;
- Experience using LawSoft and Info-Cop.
More information on the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) or the National Emergency Communications Institute (NECI) can be found by clicking on the appropriate links below:
All applicants will be subject to a background investigation and must successfully complete an in-house training program.
The current base salary is $34,308 with benefits and overtime opportunities after a probationary period. After two years, the base salary will be $40,026. Both are in line with municipal ordinance 2376 (link).
The per diem pay rate is $15.30 an hour.
Resumes, along with any applicable certificates, can be submitted to the following:
Roselle Park Police Department
110 East Westfield Avenue
Roselle Park, NJ 07204
The deadline to submit resumes is Friday, September 18, 2015 by 5 p.m.