Roselle Park High School’s Bowling Team was recognized at last night’s Mayor & Council meeting for their winning season which ended with a Group 1 State Championship for the Varsity team.
Head Coach Vincent Fucci, along with Assistant Coach Melissa Saba, led the team to a 12-5 record for the 2015-16 season. Team members who were recognized were Jeremy Bate, Jorge Bonilla, Luis Castano, Lucas DaSilva, Ryan Dubi, Sean Fava, Jarrod Hall, Aaron Heimall, Sydney Hollins-Holloway, Parv Patel, Josephine Perez, Ryan Saba, Reinaldo Torres, and Robert Vilas.
Mr. Fucci, relaying highlights of the year, commented, “Some of their proudest victories were against Rahway and Linden. We had three bowlers qualify all conference and/or all county. The majority of the team has been with me since their Freshman year and I am proud to see that they were able to be as successful as they were this year. Also, with only one varsity Senior this year, I am eager to see what the team can do next year.”
Other highlights for the season include:
- 3rd place in the Watchung Conference
- 3rd place at the Westfield Tournament
- 2nd place for Union County
- 2nd place at the BGA (Bishop George Ahr High School) Tournament
- Bobby Vilas bowled a perfect game of 300 against Cranford High School
- Aaron Heimall qualified for the County Finals
- Sean Fava achieved Second Team All Conference
- Aaron Heimall received Honorable Mention All Conference
- Bobby Vilas qualified for First Team All Conference and All County
The RPHS Bowling Team was also announced as one the top ten teams of the state by the Star Ledger, being the only Group 1 school on the list and only one of two from Union County.
(click to enlarge)