The Roselle Park Police Department (RPPD) has stated that there has been a possible coyote sighting along the border of Roselle Park, Cranford, and Kenilworth; specifically near the Woodside Gardens area.
Residents should use caution if they see a coyote.
Anyone who spots a coyote is encouraged to:
• Not go near the coyote and to keep children away.
• Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over.
• Remove sources of water.
• Bring pets in at night and do not leave pet food outside.
• Put away bird feeders at night to avoid attracting rodents and other coyote prey.
• Provide secure enclosures for rabbits, etc.
• Pick up fallen fruit and cover compost piles.
• Ask your neighbors to follow these tips.
In addition, residents should contact RPPD at (908) 245-2300 if a coyote is sighted and animal control will be notified.