Roselle Park’s 2016 Independence Day celebration this year will include a carnival. The day’s festivities will begin at 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 3rd, at the Roselle Park High School athletic complex. This will be followed by live music at 7 p.m. and the annual fireworks show around 9 o’clock at night. There will also be food vendors at the event and a 50/50 raffle.
This year’s Master of Ceremonies for the carnival will be Mariann Baumbach, who has participated in and hosted the borough’s Annual September 11th Remembrance ceremony. Mr. James Vigliotti will also be kicking off the festivities with “God Bless America”.
To ensure safety for the public, West Colfax Avenue will be closed from Pine Street to Laurel Avenue at 2p.m. (to allow food vendors to set up). West Webster Avenue will be barricaded from vehicular traffic between Larch Street and Laurel Avenue starting at 5 p.m.
In addition to the Pop Warner food stand, food vendors scheduled to participate include:
- El Rancho Dorado
- J&M Curbside Cafe
- Kettle Corn King
- Romero’s Oriental BBQ
- Sinfully Donut
The carnival – which is free and open to the public – will have eight (8) different boardwalk-style games, a rock wall, an inflatable slide, and a basketball/football/soccer sports inflatable. Live music will be performed by Ty Stephens & (the) SoulJaazz from Montclair (link).
Sponsors for the events are:
- American Wear Inc. (Bronze Sponsor)
- Dowling’s Irish Pub & Restaurant (Gold Sponsor)
- Dr. Sonal Jain, DDS, PA Family Dentistry (Bronze Sponsor)
- FDR Hitches LLC (Bronze Sponsor)
- Neglia Engineering Associates (Gold Sponsor)
- New Jersey American Water (Bronze Sponsor)
- Palumbo Renaud & DeAppolonio LLC (Bronze Sponsor)
- Roselle Park 24/7 (Bronze Sponsor)
- Samuel Klein & Company (Silver Sponsor)
- Sisbaro Towing & Recovery LLC (Bronze Sponsor)
- Suburban Disposal Inc. (Gold Sponsor)
- Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders (Diamond Sponsor)
Spectators for the fireworks can bring their own blankets and/or chairs.
The rain date will be Tuesday, August 2nd, on National Night Out.
Anyone needing more information or to sponsor future fireworks can call Casano Center Director Rupen Shah at (908) 245-0666.