A notice was sent out through UCFirstAlert (link) at around 9:41 a.m. this morning to inform residents that there have been several coyote sightings along the Roselle Park/Union border. Residents are to use caution if they see a coyote.
For the sake of safety, residents are encouraged to take the following precautions:
- Do not go near the coyote, keep children away.
- Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over.
- Remove sources of water.
- Bring pets in at night and do not leave pet food outside.
- Put away bird feeders at night to avoid attracting rodents and other coyote prey.
- Provide secure enclosures for rabbits, etc.
- Pick up fallen fruit and cover compost piles.
- Ask your neighbors to follow these tips.
Anyone who spots a coyote should contact the Roselle Park Police Department at (908) 245-2300 so that Animal Control can be notified.