The borough’s second bulk pick-up of the year is Thursday, October 19th, for the east side of town and Friday, October 20th, for the west side. Chestnut Street is the dividing line in Roselle Park between the east and west side.
Below is the list of acceptable bulk items, in line with Roselle Park Borough Code 8-1.5(d)(1):
- Lawn furniture
- Mattresses, limit two (2) per address
- Storm doors
- Storm windows
- Wood doors
- Wood fencing sections that were replaced or repaired
- Wood products, limited to two 32-gallon containers with pieces cut into three-foot pieces.
- Items generated by a homeowner in minor repairs not requiring a zoning or construction permit
The list of items that will not accepted, in line with Borough Code Code 8-1.5(d)(2), is:
Appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers, any metal products etc.)
- Automobile parts
- Closed-top drums
- Electronic waste
- Household garbage
- Pool filters
- Railroad ties
- Rocks & stones
- Tree stumps
- Tree trunks
- Chemicals and materials resulting from the demolition, alterations, or repairs to buildings/homes or other structures generated by a contractor/homeowner requiring a zoning or construction permits.
Bulk waste is not not be placed at the curb prior to noon on the day prior to the scheduled pickup for bulk waste.The weight of bulk is limited to about ¼ of a ton or 500 pounds.
Anyone requesting more information can contact the Borough Clerk’s Office at (908) 245-6222.