Jason Tribiano submitted his resignation from the Board Of Education (BOE) just six months after being voted in as a BOE member. His resignation was accepted by the Board on October 4, 2011, leaving open a vacancy which the BOE is required by law to fill in a timely fashion.
In line with how the last two (2) previous vacancies were filled by Chris Miller and Barbara Sokol in 2010, the BOE has released a notice to all residents interested in serving on the Board. The announcement, which was dated October 7, 2011, requests that anyone interested submit their intent, along with a resume, to the Board office no later than October 21, 2011. The qualification listed for the open position are as follows. The applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office.
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a resident of Roselle Park for a least one year preceding the date of the appointment.
- Not be disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- Be a registered voter in the district.
There will be an interview process which will be followed by a vote from the Board. The person who is appointed to fill the vacancy will then serve on the Board until the annual election in April 2012.
Mr. Jason Tribiano was contacted for this article but he was not available to comment.
For those wishing more information, they can contact the Board office at (908) 245-2103. A copy of the press release from the BOE is available below.