Roselle Park’s Memorial Day Parade returns for a third year after a half decade hiatus on Monday, May 30th.
The popular event will start, once again, at 10 o’clock in the morning on the east side of town at Sherman School and proceed down East Grant Avenue turning onto Chestnut Street passing the review stand located at the corner of Chestnut Street and East Clay Avenue. The parade will be followed by a ceremony at the grounds of the Roselle Park Veterans Memorial Library to honor those servicemen and women who gave their lives in service to our country.
This year’s Grand Marshal is Mr. James Vigliotti.
After the remembrance ceremony will be a Borough Picnic at the Casano Community Center located at 314 Chestnut Street that will have free food and refreshments.
Individuals and organizations marching in this year’s parade include:
- Local Veterans
- Church of the Assumption
- Community United Methodist Church
- Knights of Columbus
- Roselle Park Board Of Education
- Roselle Park Boy Scouts
- Roselle Park Business Chambers
- Roselle Park Casano Community Center Association
- Roselle Park Democratic Committee
- Roselle Park Department of Public Works
- Roselle Park Fire Department
- Roselle Park First Aid Squad
- Roselle Park Friends Of The Library
- Roselle Park Girl Scouts
- Roselle Park High School Band
- Roselle Park Historical Society
- Roselle Park Middle School and Elementary School Bands
- Roselle Park Mayor & Council
- Roselle Park Police Department
- Roselle Park Republican Committee
- Roselle Park Rotary Club
- Roselle Park Soccer Club
- Roselle Park Town Crier
- Roselle Park Veterans Memorial Library
- Roselle Park Youth Baseball & Softball League
- Union County Sheriff
- 30/30 Motorcycle Club
Any other organization wishing to participate in the day’s events or anyone needing more information can contact Casano Center Director Rupen Shah at (908) 245-0666. All requests for entry must be received by Sunday, May 1st, to Mr. Shah’s attention.