A possible coyote sighting has been reported along the Roselle Park-Cranford-Kenilworth border. Residents should use caution if they see a Coyote. Residents are encouraged to:
• Not go near the Coyote, keep children away.
• Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over
• Remove sources of water.
• Bring pets in at night, and do not leave pet food outside.
• Put away bird feeders at night to avoid attracting rodents and other coyote prey.
• Provide secure enclosures for rabbits, etc.
• Pick up fallen fruit and cover compost piles.
• Ask your neighbors to follow these tips.
There have also been reports from residents of a possible fox wandering in the same area. It is unsure at this point if both sightings are for the same animal. Residents should contact our police department at (908) 245-2300 if a coyote is sighted and animal control will be notified.