The Roselle Park Veterans Memorial Library (RPVML) has an opening for a part-time Youth Services Librarian.
Applicants must have knowledge of children’s and youth services literature & programming as well as demonstrate an expertise in Microsoft Office, social media, and proficiency with digital apps. Candidates for the position will need to maintain working relationships with community organizations, the public, and colleagues while learning the library’s automated circulation system, policies, and procedures. The ability to bend, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs. will be a requirement as will the ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Providing storytime, summer reading program, and programming throughout the year.
- Ordering, cataloging, and maintenance of library collections.
- Promoting library programs via social media and outreach.
- Assisting with programming, displays, flyers, and other publicity materials.
- Troubleshooting patron issues and provide reference services.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The qualifications for the position are:
- MLS is preferred, but current MLIS students will also be considered.
- Prior experience in youth services is preferred, but not required.
- Computer expertise with email, search engines, Windows and Microsoft, and social media.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Familiarity with SirsiDynix system preferred, but training will be provided.
- General knowledge of library policies, procedures, and practices a plus.
- Work schedule will include four days a week and one Saturday a month for a total of 25 hours a week. Additional hours possible to cover other shifts when needed.
The salary rate for this job is $29.03/hour.
Anyone interested in the position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to RPVML Director Audra Osorio at aosorio[@]rosellepark.net. Employment is contingent upon completion of a reference check, and approval by the Library Board of Trustees. Position will remain open until filled.