This year’s Roselle Park High School (RPHS) musical is a full-scale performance of ‘Once Upon A Mattress’ which runs from Thursday, March 26th through Saturday, March 28th.
The musical is an adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale ‘The Princess and the Pea’. Once Upon A Mattress tells the tale of a king muted by a curse, a power-hungry queen, a couple just aching to get married, a prince who wants to fall in love, a seemingly impossible test for a princess, and a mattress – all done to song and dance. You know, a regular day in Roselle Park. To find out what happens, you will have to buy a ticket.
The 2015 RPHS Musical showcases veterans to the Roselle Park stage as well as newcomers. The cast includes:
- Deborah Berrios as Queen Aggravain
- Daniel Cray as Prince Dauntless
- April Tansey as Princess Winnifred
- Isaiah Gray as Sir Harry
- Lauren Dinardo as Lady Larken
Led by director and RPHS teacher Eric Witkowski, the cast and crew aim to bring yet another quality production that will transport those in the newly renovated auditorium to Happily Ever After. Assisting Mr. Witkowski behind-the-scenes to bring this year’s songbook to life include:
- Linda Green (Costume Design/Assistant Vocal Director)
- Patti LaManna (Choreographer)
- Alison Cogswell (Orchestra Director)
- Chelsea Kosty (Technical Crew Coordinator)
- Woody Bodtmann (Set Designer)
- Christopher Tereshko (Lighting Designer)
All performances are at 7:30 p.m. at Roselle Park High School.
The price is just $12 for adults and $10 for students/senior citizens. Tickets are on sale now at www.showtix4u.com (link) and will be sold at the door on performance nights.