The Roselle Park Board Of Education (BOE) released an official statement on July 10th stating that there is a vacancy on the Board due to their acceptance of Jeffrey Parrell’s resignation effective June 29, 2012.
The statement further stated that any Roselle Park resident who is interested in serving on the board make their interest known in writing by August 2, 2012. A letter of intent and resume should be submitted to the BOE offices located at 510 Chestnut Street, Roselle Park, NJ 07204 with the envelope marked ‘Attn: Board Member Search’. The qualification listed for the open position are as follows. The applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office.
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a resident of Roselle Park for a least one year preceding the date of the appointment.
- Not be disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1.
- Be a registered voter in the district.
The successful applicant will serve on the Board until January 2014, when Mr. Parrell’s three-year term would expire. A determination by the Board for the replacement will be made after selected applicants have been interviewed. Anyone requesting more information can contact the BOE at (908) 245-2103.