Roselle Park Girl Scouts Cadette Troop #40349 are collecting items for Children’s Specialized Hospital in Mountainside as well as items for American troops stationed overseas.
Troop #40349 consists of middle school girls who are currently working on their Silver Award Projects, the highest award a Girl Scouts Cadette can earn, and these collections will go as part of their Award.
The Girl Scouts are collecting the following items for the children of Children’s Specialized Hospital in Mountainside. Everyone is invited to kindly donate any of the following items for which the hospital has a desperate need:
- Socks (Toddler sizes 2-4 in white, black, pink, blue. The hospital has requested multi-pair packages of socks to ease the matching of lost socks)
- Coloring Books (Any theme for girls and boys)
- Small packs of crayons (4 to 8 crayons per pack)
Additionally, in support of our wounded members of the U.S. Armed Forces, the Girl Scouts are seeking donations of various items to be made into ‘go bags’. Collected supplies will be sent to Operation Quiet Comfort, Dearborn, MI for packaging and distribution to service men and women who are recovering from injuries sustained while in harm’s way. A list of requested items are listed below:
- Travel-size shaving gel
- Twin blade razors (pack of 2)
- Travel-size Q-tips
- Travel-size deodorant
- Travel-size toothbrush & cover
- Travel-size Gold Bond medicated powder
- Travel-size tissue packs
- Nail clippers
- Lip balm
- Black comb
- Travel-size hand sanitizer
- Small notepads
- Mechanical Pencils
- Puzzle Books
Donation boxes are located at the Casano Community Center and the Children’s Department at the Roselle Park Veterans Memorial Library. Anyone with questions can contact troop leader Sue Green at (908) 241-7972.
Copies of both fliers are available below: