Rescheduled from earlier in the year, Girl Scouts Troop 271 took to the dais and conducted the business of Roselle Park at the April 19th Mayor & Council meeting.
For about 20 minutes, the troop read council reports, approved meeting minutes, and ran the government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
The Girl Scouts recognized were:
- Natalie Tribiano (First Ward Council)
- Brooke Figueiredo (Second Ward Council)
- Rachel Leone (Third Ward Council)
- Samantha Senglar (Fourth Ward Council)
- Sarah Lance (Council-At-Large)
- Hannah Lance (Fifth Ward Council)
- Amanda Senglar (Mayor)
- Sarah Leone (Alternate)
- Casey McCall (Alternate)
- Natalie Rengifo (Alternate)
The annual event gives the youth of the borough an opportunity to understand what it takes to represent their neighbors as elected officials.