Due To Predicted Snowfall Borough Hall, Casano Center, Schools Closed; No Trash Pick-Up
By Saul Qersdyn
Published: March 13, 2017 @ 6:54 PM EDT
Due to the heavy snowfall predicted for tomorrow from 12- to over 18-inches, Roselle Park schools, borough hall, and the Casano Community Center will be closed Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
The Board Of Education (BOE) meeting scheduled for tomorrow – which will include the 2017-18 school year budget presentation – has been re-scheduled for Thursday night, March 16th, at 7 p.m. in Sherman School.
There will also be no garbage pick-up on Tuesday, March 14th, and Wednesday, March 15th. A double pick-up will occur on next scheduled garbage pick-up date. Anyone with additional questions related to trash pick-up should contact the Department of Public Works (DPW) at (908) 245-7676.
All posted snow emergency streets must be cleared of vehicles tomorrow. Municipal parking lots will be available for parking during the storm. The Roselle Park Police Department (RPPD) requests that all residents refrain from parking on borough streets in order to ensure safe passage for emergency vehicles.
Parking on posted snow streets will be restricted and police will enforce the local and state “No Parking When Road Is Snow Covered” laws. Parking is prohibited on the following streets for snow clean up:
- Avon Street (east side between Magie Avenue and Westfield Avenue)/li>
- Beechwood Avenue (both side between Amsterdam Avenue and Colfax Avenue)/li>
- Chestnut Street (both sides entire length)/li>
- Clay Avenue (both sides between Grant Avenue and Faitoute Avenue)/li>
- Colfax Avenue (both sides between Chestnut Street and Laurel Avenue)/li>
- Colfax Avenue (south side between Laurel Avenue and the south side of Valley Road)/li>
- Columbus Place (west side between West Clay Avenue and West Westfield Avenue)/li>
- Faitoute Avenue (both sides entire length)/li>
- Galloping Hill Road (both sides entire length)/li>
- Grant Avenue (both sides entire length)/li>
- Hawthorne Street (west side between West Clay Avenue and West Westfield Avenue)/li>
- Hazel Street (east side between West Colfax Avenue and West Roselle Avenue)/li>
- Lincoln Avenue (both sides between Galloping Hill Road and Locust Street)/li>
- Locust Street (both sides entire length)/li>
- Roosevelt Street (west side between West Clay Avenue and West Westfield Avenue)/li>
- Roselle Avenue (both side from Colfax Avenue – northerly and easterly – to the westerly curbline of Hazel Street)/li>
- Valley Road (both sides between Westfield Avenue and Amsterdam Avenue)/li>
- Walnut Street (both sides between Grant Avenue and Clay Avenue)/li>
- Willis Avenue (both sides between West Roselle Avenue south to dead end)
Any issues on municipal roads should be reported to RPPD at (908) 245-2300 and only real emergencies should be called in using 9-1-1. Any issues on Union County roads should be directed to the Union County Police at (908) 654-9800.
To report downed power lines or outages:
- PSE&G customers should call (800) 436-7734
- JCP&L customers can use (800) 545-7738 or (888) 544-4877
- Elizabethtown Gas customers can call (800) 492-4009
Residents can stay informed with up-to-the-minute information on TV-32/34 or by listening to 750 AM on any radio.