At the July 7th Municipal Budget Workshop, the governing body reviewed 15 potential engineering projects slated for the borough in the 2011 capital budget. At the end of the discussion, ten (10) of the projects were either postponed or removed from the list, leaving only a third of the proposed project with a combined budget of $1,476,000.
Among the potential projects cut for 2011 were:
- Amsterdam Avenue from Seaton Avenue to West Webster Avenue
- West Lincoln Avenue from Chestnut Street to Locust Street
- Prospect Street from East Roselle Avenue to the Roselle Park border
- Pine Street from West Colfax Avenue to West Roselle Avenue
- Sheridan Avenue from East Westfield Avenue to the dead end (Roselle Park border)
- Colonial Road from Bender Avenue to Galloping Hill Road
- West Webster Avenue sidewalks
The remaining five (5) are listed below with their budgeted amounts.
|West Grant Avenue||From Chestnut Street to Hawthorne Street (Section 2)||(DOT Grant of $200,000)||$390,000|
|Walnut Street||From East Grant Avenue to East Westfield Avenue||(CDBG Grant of $100,000)||$162,000|
|East Roselle Avenue||From Chestnut Street to Maple Street||$234,000|
|Open Channel Storm Sewer||Behind Movie Theater||$150,000|
|East Grant Avenue||Sewer Phase III||$500,000|
|Tax Map Revisions||(Not Digital)||$30,000|